Cape Town in South Africa is a popular destination for sports enthusiasts. South Africans are a sports loving nation and therefore the country provides ample appeal to sports tourists interested in sports events and vacation packages. For golfers and golf enthusiasts there are a great number of magnificent golf courses throughout the country. South Africa has hosted all three the rugby, cricket and FIFA Soccer World Cup tournaments. FS Tours helps sports fans attend sports events and to customise their holiday, travel and tour packages to include a good mix of sport, food, wine and Cape Town scenic attractions.
FS Tours owner Norman Stevens is a like minded sports enthusiast and ex-rugby and cricket player, he therefore can offer the sport tourist an interesting and personalised tour package.
The golf and sport tour packages are designed around the places in Cape Town that you want to stay, as well as the sports events that you want to support, or it can depend on the golf courses that you want to play, and pricing depends on number of people to be catered for. Groups of 12 to 16 people work best for this type of tour, but larger group tours can be catered for.
A professional driver and qualified tour guide will accompany you for the duration of the sports tour. The tour package and itinerary is variable and adaptable to your preferred sports or golf pursuits, as well as your touristic interests. Your trips may include visits to the Cape Winelands for wine tasting, scenic stops in and around Cape Town, and the Garden Route or mix and match your tour route with day trips from the wine and scenic tour options available. Golf club hire can be arranged, and included in the tour package.
Sports events in Cape Town to build your tour around
- Currie Cup Rugby
- Super 14 Rugby
- Tri-Nations Rugby
- British Lions Tour
5 Night 6 Day Package – Cape Town Golf Tour Package
Here is an example of a standard golf tour package offered to a group of 12 persons:
- Day 1 – Arrive – Check in – V&A Waterfront – Accommodation
- Day 2 – Golf at Atlantic Beach – Lunch at Hillcrest Wine Farm – Table Mountain visit and views – Dinner – Accommodation
- Day 3 – Golf in Paarl – Lunch at Beyerskloof Wine Farm – drive through Stellenbosch – Ernie Els wine tasting – Annandale wine tasting – Dinner – Accommodation
- Day 4 – Drive through Camps Bay to Hout Bay – Newlands Rugby – V&A – Accommodation
- Day 5 – Scenic tour – Accommodation
- Day 6 – depart
Contact Norman today, to plan and book your specialised dream sports vacation package to Cape Town South Africa.
For info, listed here are estimate prices that you can expect to pay:
High season is from October to April, and low season is from May to September
Indications of prices below are in ZAR
- 3-star Guest house accommodation can be between R500 – R1800 pppn
- 3-star Hotel R500 – R1000 pppn
- Golf R500 – R1200 per round
- Meals R60pp upwards for a reasonable meal
- Beers R20 – R40 per pint